10 Best Biographical Movies
If you like movies about real people and their lives, you may want to learn about 10 best biographical movies because some may be ones you didn't even realize were biographies at all. At the very least, you may find a few new ones to watch or weigh in on your personal favorites and compare them to this list. Here is your list to learn about the best biographical movies.
- "Goodfellas" (1990) - This movie tells the story of Henry Hill and his rise in the mafia from the bottom all the way to the top. It stars Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci.
- "Schindler's List" (1993) - This movie was directed by Steven Spielberg and stars Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Ben Kingsley in the story of Oskar Schindler, who saved thousands of Jews during The Holocaust.
- "Dog Day Afternoon" (1975) This movie is 30% based on a true story about a bank robber who plans to pay for his lover's operation and how it spirals out of control into a media frenzy. It starred Al Pacino and is a classic movie.
- "The People vs. Larry Flynt" - (1996) This movie is about the magazine mogul Larry Flynt, who founded Hustler Magazine. It stars Woody Harrelson and Courtney Love as Larry and Althea Flynt.
- "Walk the Line" (2005) - This is a biography of the life of Johnny Cash and stars Joquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon as the famous singing couple.
- "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989) - This is the true biography of a Vietnam War veteran, Ron Kovic. It stars Tom Cruise and depicts Ron's life from childhood and up through the war that paralyzed him.
- "Monster" (2003) - This is the biography of serial killer Aileen Wuornos, who was a prostitute turned killer played by Charlize Theron. It also stars Christina Ricci and Bruce Dern.
- "Erin Brockovich" (2000) - This is the true story of a single mother legal assistant that broke a huge case and brought down an entire California water company. It stars Julia Roberts and Albert Finney.
- "The Pursuit of Happyness" (2006) - This is the true story about a homeless man who changes his life and becomes a success in order to take care of his son and himself. It stars Will Smith, Jaden Smith and Thandie Newton.
- "The Sound of Music" (1965) This is the true story about Maria Von Trapp, who leaves the nunnery to take care of a Naval officer and his children during the reign of the Nazis. It stars Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer.
These are a few of the best biographical movies and although your list may differ, you can learn about 10 these biographical movies to see if they pique your interest.