10 Best Electronic Albums 2010
If you're a fan of electronica or dance music, you'll definitely want to check out our list of the 10 best electronic albums 2010. Did you miss Lady Gaga sweeping the Grammy Awards? 2010 was a great year for the electronic genre and we've compiled a list of some of the best electronic and dance albums just for you. If you're looking to freshen up your iPod selection, don't miss out on the best electronic albums 2010.
- "Divided by Night" by The Crystal Method. Nominated for Best Electronic/Dance Album of 2010 at the 52nd Grammy Awards, "Divided by Night" is the fourth studio album from The Crystal Method. One of the best electronic albums of the year, it mixes great electric music with a wide variety of catchy lyrics. Check out "Drown In the Now" for an example of what makes this album so great.
- "The Fame" by Lady Gaga. Released in 2008, we still have to include "The Fame" in our list of best electronic albums 2010 because this amazing debut album is still reeling in the hits. "The Fame" has won numerous awards, including winning the 2010 Grammy Award for Best Electronic/Dance Album and the Best International Album at the 2010 BRIT Awards.
- "Party Rock" by LMFAO. Another great Grammy nominee for best electronic album 2010 is the electro-hop group LMFAO and their electonic album "Party Rock." Mixing great rap lyrics with a hot dance beat and the infamous auto-tune, this album is infectious enough to make you want to put your hands up and bounce to the beat.
- "Ocean Eyes" by Owl City. Considered to be one of the best electronic albums 2010, "Ocean Eyes" brought us the addictive song about insomnia, "Fireflies." If you're looking for an innocent, childlike electronic album, give this one a listen. It's truly a unique experience.
- "Heligoland" by Massive Attack. Considered to be one of the leading trip-hop groups in existence, Massive Attack's "Heligoland" was recently nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Electronic Album 2010. Often referred to as "LP5," the "Heligoland" album is packed with great songs such as "Pray for Rain" and "Girl I Love You."
- "One Love" by David Guetta. This French DJ and music producer certainly knows how to kick out results if you want the best electronic albums, working with artists like Rihanna, Lil Wayne, Akron, Madonna and LMFAO, David Guetta's album "One Love" was nominated for Best Electronic Album 2010 at the 52nd Grammy Awards.
- "Animal" by Ke$ha. Many were quick to brush Ke$ha aside as yet another Spears wannabe, but Ke$ha has proven herself to be one of the best dance artists out there. "Animal" finds its way into our list of best electronic albums 2010 for its catchy hits like "Take It Off" and "We R Who We R."
- "Streets of Gold" by 3OH!3: One of the most polished electronic albums currently on the market is the catchy "Streets of Gold" by 3OH!3. Mixing R&B with electronica and an indie rock sound, there's no denying that they are one of the best electronic/dance acts of the decade.
- "Body Talk" by Robyn. Robyn has a beautiful voice that tends to appeal to the younger set. Songs like "Hang With Me" and "Dancing By Myself" are catchy, with a lighthearted dance beat and great electronic sound. One of the best electronic albums of 2010, "Body Talk" is full of great dance tunes that will make you want to get up and move.
- "Yes" by Pet Shop Boys. First appearing back in the '80s, the Pet Shop Boys have been consistently producing some of the best electronic albums for more than 2 decades. Great dance tunes with unforgettable lyrics, you'll want to give a listen to Grammy nominated "Yes."