10 Best Infant Car Seats
Interested in the 10 best infant car seats? Becoming a parent can be a very exciting time. With so many things to do and prepare for the arrival of your baby, a car seat is at the top of the list. Here are the best infant car seats for your little bundle of joy.
- BabyTrend Flex-Loc This infant car seat is great for heavier babies. Its weight limit is up to 30 pounds, prolonging the use of this car seat compared to other infant car seats. The Flex-Loc received very good ratings from the National Traffic Administration for its easy use and for fitting well in most vehicles. It also received good rates form independent crash tests. The price is around or about $100.
- Graco SnugRide The Graco SnugRide is an affordable, reliable infant car seat. EPS padding is included for extra protection. Great for newborns up to 29 niches and 22 pounds in weight. Prices range from $80 to $100.
- Britax Chaperone This car seat is one of the best, if not the best infant car seat on the market and only car seat to receive an excellent rating from independent crash tests. Although the price is around $200, there are many extras included, such as an extra long canopy and anti-rebound bar. The Britax can hold up to 30 pounds.
- Chicco KeyFit 30 The Chicco KeyFit infant car seat is a great option for on the go parents. This car seat holds up 30 pounds and it's extremely easy to install. Great for travellers, as it is very lightweight. Prices range from $75 to $300.
- Safety 1st onBoard Air 35 This high-tech car seat has air protection side impact technology to protect your little one. This car seat can hold up to 35 pounds and has 17 percent more legroom than most car seats. Prices range from $179.99 to $189.99.
- Maxi-Cosi Mico Maxi-Cosi Mico is perfect for parents looking for a stylish, comfortable and safe car seat. Mico has EPP foam for shock-absorption. It holds up to 22 pounds.
- Nautilus 3-in-1 This is a great option to take you through phases. From newborn to up to 100 pounds. Once your baby passes the newborn stage, change the seat into a high back booster, then into a regular booster once they reach 100 pounds. A great value at $180.
- Graco Infant Safe Seat Step 1 This infant car seat is great for safety. With high ratings from independent crash test, this is one of the top rated car seats. Holds weight up to 30 pounds and babies 32 inches tall. This car seat runs at $150.
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP This car seat is great for travellers and extremely comfortable for your little one. This car seat meets the standards of the NHTSA. This car seat holds babies up to 30 inches long and 30 pounds in weight. This comfy car seat is made in Italy and runs for $200.
- Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat System If you have a few extra dollars to spend on a car seat, this is a great choice for you. Although it is $900, you get the car seat, base and stroller. In the long run, you might save a few bucks. The car seat can be docked into the stroller as well, making it a great option when traveling. Designed with comfort and easy in mind for both the parents and baby.