10 Best Leaving Home Songs
If you are planning on leaving home and want some tunes to listen to, check out these ten best leaving home songs. No matter your reason for leaving, these songs are great to get. Whether you're leaving for college, moving to a new town or state, or just leaving for a trip, the following list of songs will make for the perfect leaving home play list.
- "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver. This best leaving home song is perfect if you are planning on flying away. The song conveys many emotions. It is about John Denver's thoughts and feelings of leaving his family while he is on the road.
- "Ramblin' Man" by the Allman Brothers. This is a great song if you are leaving home for an adventure. The song is about a man that is moving from town to town in order to find different adventures. If you don't like to stay in one place for long, this song could be the perfect description of your life.
- "She is Leaving Home" by The Beatles. This hugely popular band released this hit song on their album "Sergeant Pepper." The song is about a young woman that is moving away from her home. It's a great piece and is a perfect choice for one of the best leaving home songs.
- "Eighteen and Life" by Skid Row. This song is about a man that left home. After he did, he got involved with the wrong kind of people and ended up in prison on murder charges. It is a good leaving home song, but let's hope the same thing does not happen to you.
- "Time of your Life" by Green Day. This leaving home song is much happier than the previous one. It's about saying goodbye and leaving well wishes. As you're leaving home, you wish those that you leave behind the best, and set off to have the time of your life.
- "Please Come to Boston" by David Loggins. This best leaving home song is good, but sad at the same time. In it, Loggins leaves home to discover his place in the world. He winds up in Boston and tries to get his girlfriend that he left at home to come with him. She turns him down, though.
- "Santa Fe" by Bon Jovi. This song is all about leaving home and going to Santa Fe, New Mexico. It is a great song to play if you are leaving home, especially if Santa Fe is where you are heading.
- "Papa was a Good Man" by Johnny Cash. This best leaving home song is sad, but it also deals with faith and togetherness. It's about a family that constantly moves and leaves their home because the father is an alcoholic. Despite the sad subject matter, it is still a great tune to listen to.
- "Sugar Mountain" by Neil Young. If you are looking for a song that has sentimental meaning, then this is the best leaving home song to listen to. The song is about remembering and wishing for the pleasures that come from childhood. You want to keep the eternal pleasures of your youth close with you, even after you leave.
- "Young Turks" by Rod Stewart. The song is about kids leaving home in their own act of rebellion. It tells the story about the struggles they face, rather than sugarcoating how their young life can be. It's a great song to take the final spot on the list of the ten best leaving home songs.