10 Best Quotes From 'Dexter'
Known for its ingenious writing, Showtime's "Dexter" is highlighted perfectly in these 10 best quotes from "Dexter." Whether he's being philosophical or hilarious, Dexter's quotes are always a good read.
- Dexter misses being single. Dexter, thinking: "It's a very well organized crime scene. The assailant took his time, cleaned up after himself. He obviously doesn't have kids."
- Dexter gets annoyed with his victim's obsession. Zoey: "You gonna rape and kill me?" Dexter: "What is it with you and rape? Nobody's raping anybody!"
- Dexter discusses his troubles. Dexter: "People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well. That's my burden, I guess."
- Dexter remembers his to-do list. Dexter, thinking: "Kill the guy you're looking for. Save a kid. Remember to pick up diapers."
- Dexter discusses his world. Dexter: "I've lived in darkness a long time. Over the years my eyes adjusted, until the dark became my world and I could see."
- Dexter discusses blood. Dexter: "Blood. Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos."
- Dexter discusses "normal people". Dexter: "Needless to say I have some unusual habits, yet all these socially acceptable people can't wait to pick up hammers and smash their food to bits. Normal people are so hostile."
- Dexter discusses being a good citizen. Dexter: "The problem with eating and driving, which I love to do, is not being able to have my hands on the wheel at the ten and two position. It's a matter of public safety."
- Dexter discusses his success. Dexter: "I don't normally seek human contact in times of failure. But then, I don't normally experience failure."
- Dexter gets scary. Dexter: "Everyone hides who they are at least some of the time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply you have to be reminded it's even there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are altogether... I'm not the monster he wants me to be so I'm neither man nor beast. I'm something new entirely... I'm Dexter. Boo."
Posted on: Nov. 15, 2010