10 Best Rappers Alive 2010
It's time to start some controversy with this list of the 10 best rappers alive in 2010. These are the artists currently dominating the hip hop and rap scene. Despite your feelings on the order, give recognition where recognition is due.
- Eminem- Who said white boys can't rap? Well, tell that to Eminem's Grammy Award. Also known as Slim Shady, this Michigan born rapper has made the world sing a different tune with his violent lyrics and conspicuous raps. Recent songs from his "Recovery" album have reminded listeners of why Eminem is one of the best rappers alive. Love him or hate him, when his music starts playing, you pay attention!
- Jay-Z- This New York reppin' hip hop entertainer has devoted some good years into his rap career, but it’s not time to retire yet. Lately, songs like " Empire State Of Mind" and "Young Forever" have had fans wondering why he ever wanted to leave. His music is still well respected in the industry as top notch, leaving many artists aspiring to someday walk in his shoes. Jay-Z can still sell out a concert in seconds!
- Kanye West- As cocky as they come, Mr. West actually has the ability to stand behind his arrogance. With hits such as “Power” and “Monster”, this contentious rapper has other hip hop entertainers lining up to get him on tracks.
- Nas- More interested in putting out conversational raps than a club banger, Nasir has a lyrical technique that is unlike any other. His controversial-and often thought provoking-behavior makes him a force to be reckoned with. He currently has a cd out with reggae artist Damian Marley called "Distant Relatives".
- Lupe Fiasco- A conscious rapper with a music style that sets him aside from the rest, he's a fresh of breath air to fans of the hip hop industry. "Hip-Hop Saved My Life" and "Paris, Tokyo" are just a couple of songs that demonstrate this rapper's lyrical abilities. Lupe proves that you can rap about life and meaningful issues without vulgarity and still be loved in the business.
- Andre 3000 - He's so good that other rappers rap about how good he is! Whether hearing him for a few seconds on a remix or listening to one of his songs, you realize that Andre 3000 has something special. Seriously, who wasn't shaking it when his "Hey Ya" video came out? He is a passionate rapper with an imagination that's out of this world.
- T.I. - Frequently in trouble with the law, T.I. seems as hardcore as his music describes. Yet, rap songs such as "Whatever You Like" and "Live Your Life" reminds us why he is still following his "Paper Trail" all the way to the bank.
- Lil Wayne- When this guy puts out an album, his die-hard fans go crazy over it. A true boss on the mixtapes, Lil Wayne's albums also seem to do considerably well. "Tha Carter III" went platinum during its first week of sales.
- Ludacris- One of the most underrated rappers of hip hop, Ludacris deserves his shine. Songs like "Georgia" ,"Runaway Love" and most recently, "My Chick Bad" have always kept listeners entertained. A true performer, fans are always anxiously awaiting Luda's next move.
- Young Jeezy- As a passionate rapper, Young Jeezy has the ability to be the master of his craft. His 2008 album, "The Recession", contained many great chart toppers that stayed in rotation at radio stations. Everyone seemed to be loving his rap songs "Put On" and "My President".