10 Best Running Shoes For Bad Knees
Running with bad knees can be painful and problematic, so here are the 10 best running shoes for bad knees.
- Asics Gel-1150. These best running shoes for bad knees are great because they limit the force that is put on your inner foot. They help to spread impact landing each time your foot hits the ground. There is both cushioning and medial support in the shoe that keeps you safe while running.
- Mizuno Wave Alchemy 9. Runners that have bad knees over-pronate their feet, ankles, and hips. As a result, they hit the ground harder with their heel during each stride. This shoe protects against that. They are designed for stability, control, and comfort.
- Nike Zoom Vomero+ 5. This shoe provides Zoom air cushioning, which makes it easy on the knees. You still maintain control, but the impact is not as hard on your knees as it is with other running shoes. This is why it is one of the best running shoes for bad knees.
- Etonic Minado 3 MC. This is a motion-controlled shoe that is designed to prevent over-pronation. Although heavier than others, it will prevent inward rolling of the ankle. Inward rolling is a common problem among those with bad knees, so this prevents that.
- Adidas Response Cushion 18. The key to this shoe line is the cushioning that it provides. It has cushioning under the heel and in the forefoot. All of the cushioning helps with shock absorption. It's also one of the best running shoes for bad knees.
- New Balance's M587. If you're looking for a firm running shoe, then this is the style for you. It is one of the best running shoes for bad knees. It's great for severe over-pronators. It will take some of the pressure off of the knees.
- Nike Air Pegasus 26. This shoe is known for its responsiveness. It features a 3/4 length air-sole unit that is supported by a segmented crash pad. It attenuates shock, as well as disperses impact throughout the foot equally.
- Saucony ProGrid Ride. This line of running shoes come with a lot of cushioning. It not only absorbs impact, but it also dissipates shock.
- Asics GT-2110. This shoe is best for those that have medium to low arches. They are great for someone with bad knees because they help to provide a smooth and stable run.
- Brooks Beast Running Shoe. These are some of the best running shoes for bad knees. The shoe works best for someone that has excessive pronation. They offer long-lasting cushion and lots of stability.
Posted on: Oct. 18, 2010