10 Best Silly Songs For Kids
The 10 best silly songs for kids have been around for years, and are fun to teach any child. Listening to the words of kids favorite silly songs can be a bit alarming, and questionable. Years upon years kids have been singing the same silly songs about purple people eaters, how low their ears hang, and bunnies that like to bop mice on the head. Whether you are looking for a song to teach or are refreshing your childhood memory, chances are you have sung one of these silly songs for kids.
- "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" - This is an English nursery rhyme that turned into a silly kids song. It's short, simple, and catchy. The silly lyrics are about rowing a boat gently down a stream. Kids also can make rowing motions when singing which makes it more interactive and silly.
- "Little Bunny Foo Foo" - One of the best silly songs for kids is "Little Bunny Foo Foo", which is also a children's poem. It is about little bunny Foo Foo who boops field mice on the head, until the good fairy comes down and scolds him. Not only is this a silly song, but also a teaching song about being nice to others.
- "I'm a Little Teapot" - What is more silly than singing about a teapot describing itself? This is one of the best songs for kids because of its popularity. There is a dance that goes along with the teapot describing how it's short, stout, where its handle is, and how it shouts once heated.
- "If You're Happy and You Know It" - This is a fun, simple, and easy to learn silly song for kids. The repetitive kids song goes, "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands," which then kids clap their hands twice in a row. Over the years, more parts have been added on, including stomp your feet, snap your fingers, honk your nose, and more.
- "The Purple People Eater" - This silly song for kids has been around since 1958. This silly song is about a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater that wants to get a job in a rock 'n roll band. Even though the song started out as a pop song, it ended up becoming a popular kids song.
- "Skip To My Lou" - Not only is "Skip To My Lou" a silly song for kids, it is also a partner-stealing dance. This long but silly kids song has a chorus of, "Skip, skip, skip to my Lou, skip to my Lou, my darlin." This silly song is about random objects and has no purpose but to be fun to sing and dance to with children.
- "Miss Mary Mack" - This silly song for kids has become a clapping hand game for children. Kids clap in the rhythm of the silly song which is about Miss Mary Mack. The song is short, and about how Mary is dressed in black and asks her mother for money to see the elephants jump over a fence.
- "Apples and Bananas" - This is an American based silly song for kids by Raffi. It has simple words to follow, making it easy for kids to learn. The song has the same line for each verse, except the vowel changes in the words from sentience to sentience.
- "Do Your Ears Hang Low" - This popular silly kids song also has hand movements that coincide with the lyrics. The silly lyrics are about if your ears hang high or low. A silly line in the song is, "Do your ears hang high? Do your ears flip-flop? Can you use them for a mop?"
- "Polly Wolly Doodle" - An upbeat silly song for kids, "Polly Wolly Doodle" has been around since 1880. This silly children's song was even performed by Shirley Temple in her film "The Littlest Rebel". The silly lyrics are about being off to Lou'siana for to see Susyanna.