10 Best Songs For Best Friend
Celebrate the friendships in your life with the 10 best songs for best friends. Friendship is as important as romantic love, though it isn't emphasized in as many songs. Friends are those wonderful people with whom you can relax and be yourself.
- “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King. Through thick and thin, true friends stand together. In this song for a best friend, Ben E. King sings that no matter what happens, he won't be afraid as long as his friend stands by him.
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water” by Simon & Garfunkel. This song for a best friend speaks to the comforting nature of friendship. When you're feeling down, your best friend is your “bridge over troubled water.”
- “With a Little Help From My Friends” by Joe Cocker. Friends help you through rough spots in life, and you do the same for them. In this song, Joe Cocker sings with raw emotion about getting by with a little help from his friends.
- “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler. In this inspiring song, Bette Midler shows appreciation to her friend for being not only her source of strength but also her hero. She sings, “You're everything I wish I could be.”
- “I'll Be Around” by the Spinners. When a couple ends a love affair, sometimes friendship endures if they started out as friends. In the chorus for “I'll Be Around,” the Spinners sing, “Whenever you need me, I'll be there.”
- “You're My Best Friend” by Queen. When your sweetheart and your best friend are one and the same person, that's something to sing about. In this song for a best friend, Queen combines an upbeat tempo with lyrics like “I'm happy, happy at home; you're my best friend.”
- “You've Got a Friend” by James Taylor. In one of the best songs ever written for a best friend, James Taylor assures his friend that he'll always be there. “Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you've got to do is call.”
- “Lean On Me” by Bill Withers. When you're feeling down, a best friend can help you get through the day. In this comforting song for a best friend, Bill Withers sings, “I'll be your friend; I'll help you carry on.”
- “He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother” by the Hollies. You want your friends to know you'll help them carry their problems. In this song for best friends, the Hollies sing, “The load doesn't weigh me down at all.”
- “I'll Be There For You” by the Rembrandts. A witty and heartfelt song for a best friend, “I'll Be There For You” has a catchy tune and lyrics that'll have you and your friends singing right along. It would be hard to define friendship better than “Even at my worst, I'm best with you.”
Posted on: Dec. 06, 2010