10 Popular Songs That Are Stupid
The 10 popular songs that are stupid are great for driving your friends crazy. At the same time, however, you should avoid them when planning a party if you want your friends to respect you. Be warned, if you intentionally listen to any of the following songs, you will never get those few precious minutes of your life back.
- “Best of Both Worlds” by Miley Cyrus as “Hannah Montana.” A teen girl singing a stupid song about her follies as a secret rock superstar and a normal girl is never a good use of your time.
- “Umbrella” by Rihanna. “Um-bah-reh-lah/Ella, ella, eh, eh, eh…” The lyrics to this popular song is about a girl stating she will let you stand under her umbrella will make you roll your eye. But all the repeated phrases and over enunciation is ridiculous.
- “Barbie Girl” by Aqua. “Come on, Barbie. Let’s go party.” Save this stupid popular song for the middle school dances.
- “4 Minutes to Save the World” by Madonna, featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. When it is up to three pop stars to save the world by procreating, this can never be good. Considering Madonna is almost old enough to get the senior coffee discount at MacDonald’s, Justin Tiberlake and Tibaland better find out a clever way to make some babies. This stupid song is not worth your time.
- “Young Money” by Lil Wayne. When a song is interrupted by a seemingly adolescent girl saying she is going be intimate with an adult man, this stupid song’s title should have been “Chimo.”
- “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” by Beyonce. If you are rocking out to this popular song around your significant other, you are going to make her very nervous.
- “Dragostea din tei” by Ozone. Also known as "The Numa Numa Song” or “Mai Ya hee,” the only thing going through people’s minds when they hear this stupid song are flashbacks of a geek lip-singing on YouTube as if he owned the world. Moreover, this popular song does not improve no matter who remakes it.
- “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani. It is still hard to figure out why Gwen Stefani is singing about school spirit. Plus, what do bananas have to do with it?
- “My Generation” by Hillary Duff. It can be hard to take a child star who thinks she can sing seriously, especially when she is singing a stupid song about her generation. Raise your hand if you can relate to growing up on a TV set and making bad movies.
- “Circus” by Britney Spears. Britney wrote a stupid song about how crazy her life is in the event you did not know that already. A girl has to make a living somehow.
There is terrible music, terrible singers and terrible songs. Sometimes you can’t help but love these popular songs, but most prefer that you didn’t. If the song titles are not an instant red flag for how stupid they are, you will quickly learn they are after you hear the first line of the first verse.