5 Baby Costume Ideas
Learn about 5 baby costume ideas to show off your bundle of joy at Halloween. Babies love trick or treating and partying on Halloween just like the rest of us. Well, maybe not, but you can have a good time dressing your baby in a costume. And the cuter the baby costume, the more oohs and ahhs you'll get when showing off your precious baby. Use originality and your imagination to come up with someone truly one of a kind this year for baby costume ideas. Here are a few baby costume ideas to get you started.
- Pumpkin costume. Get some orange fabric. Cut it into sections that resemble the vertical sections of a pumpkin. Sew the sections together. Be sure to make it extra big. Leave it open at the top and bottom for baby's head and legs. This should fit over their chest and waist area. Put drawstrings at the top and bottom to gather the pumpkin costume. Fill it with fiberfill. Make a cap with a flat piece of orange fabric and a green fabric stem. Add two strings to tie the cap to baby's head.
- Baby Gaga. Trick out your baby in the most outrageous baby costume idea of the year. Instead of Lady Gaga, your sweet pea can be Baby Gaga. Spike up baby's hair or add a wig if baby will tolerate wearing it. Get some shiny fabric or one of mom's blouses to make an outfit. Fashion a microphone for baby to hold out of a bottle. Hold off on makeup. It's not good for baby's complexion.
- Baby fruit. Babies are cute and so is fruit. Buy some fabric in the color of the fruit of your choice. For instance, for a costume idea that's easy to make, try making a bunch of grapes, buy purple fabric and make a bunch of balls. Sew the balls on to the outside of a baby sleeper. These are the grapes. Add a stem made from brown fabric to the back.
- Baby super hero. Make your baby costume so your baby is a super hero. Make a cape, mask, wand, and whatever else goes with the baby costume idea. Your baby can be Super Pooper or Master Manipulator. Trick out the baby costume to match baby's super hero name. Give the costume wings (baby is everywhere at once!). Get creative.
- Baby animal. Babies love animals and your baby would be sweet as a baby animal. For a baby lion, get some yellow faux fur and loosely construct a baby costume. Add a lei around a hood for the mane. Tape the sound of the baby animal and play it as part of the baby costume.