5 Best 1970 TV Shows
Life in the '70s was free and easy, as depicted in these 5 best 1970 TV shows. For memories that will make you laugh, make you cry and make you want to return to days long gone, take a minute to enjoy the actors and their characters on the TV shows listed below, all of which aired during the 1970s.
- "Sanford and Son" Fred Sanford (Redd Foxx) could make you laugh until you cried by just standing still. On this 1970s TV show, Foxx played the lovable yet conniving father of Lamont Sanford (Demond Wilson). Fred was always into something. His schemes kept Lamont trying to stay one step ahead of his "pop." Fred was always calling his late wife's sister, Esther, names of some sort. This was a great TV show which stayed on top for years.
- "WKRP in Cincinnati" Each week during the 1970s, televisions around the country would be tuned in to the wackiest radio station in Cincinnati. In this TV show, Andy was the strong arm trying to keep his station on the airways, working through unbelievable odds with an array of supporting characters. Les Nessman, Herb Tarlek, Venus Flytrap, Doctor Johnny Fever, Jennifer and Bailey, along with the station owner's son Arthur Carlson, made sure Andy earned his pay and then some.
- "Little House on the Prairie" He rose from Little Joe Cartwright to one of the most respected writers in television. Michael Landon went from riding horses on the Ponderosa to struggling through life on the prairie. From the story as told by Laura Ingalls Wilder came Landon's first successful production.
- "The White Shadow" In this 1970s TV show, Ken Howard portrayed a former professional basketball player who returned to his roots and took a mixed group of talented athletes and changed their thinking. He transformed them from just a group of players into a team.
- "The Bob Newhart Show" During the 1970s, this show provided entertainment just for the fun of it. There was no reason, no major issue, just entertainment as you sat in front of your television show and watched Bob Newhart and his cast of characters as they went about their lives day to day.