5 Best Horror Movie Killers
The 5 best horror movie killers are some of the scariest characters ever created for the silver screen. The terrifying prescence of these horror movie villains are so intense that moviegoers get the chills even after they leave the movie theater.
- Freddy Krueger. From the “A Nightmare on Elm Street” series, Freddy Kruger, the bastard son of a nun raped by a hundred maniacs terrified an entire generation. His scarred looks, dusty brown fedora, red and green sweater and trademark metal-clawed gloves makes him one of the most recognizable characters in the industry. He stalks his victims in their dream state and kills them while they sleep. While the latest release, a reboot, proved to be a disappointment the franchise remains a favorite among horror buffs.
- Alien. While they are technically a group of killers, these acid-blooded creatures kill and multiply as they go along. Alien babies pop out of their victim's chests which makes them very, very scary. Unofficial tallies indicate that they have killed more people than other prolific movie killers.
- Norman Bates. Although Norman Bates is clearly the elder statesman in this list of horrifying butchers, he still remains an iconic figure is this genre. While this psychotic mama's boy may lack the over-the-top blood and gore shown by the later batches of evildoers, it would be best to give this bad boy a wide berth.
- Jason Voorhees. One of the most prolific movie killers to date, this fearsome serial killer is armed with a formidable machete and wears an old hockey mask. He has appeared in twelve feature films and although critics constantly lambast his movies, the “Friday the 13th” series remains very profitable.
- Hannibal Lecter. This horrific and demented protagonist has no supernatural powers, does not wield a chainsaw and needs no assistants to help him carry out his devious plans. He is suave, sophisticated, handsome, loves fine wine, enjoys listening to Beethoven and has an English accent to boot. Despite his redeeming qualities, he is morally depraved cannibal and killer. In one unforgettable scene, he ate a piece of Ray Liotta's brain while the man was still alive.
Posted on: Oct. 28, 2010