5 Best Places To Kayak In North Carolina
North Carolina is made for kayaking, so kayakers shouldn't miss kayaking at one of the 5 best places to kayak in North Carolina. These 5 best kayaking spots will offer kayakers of all levels beautiful views and an experience that will be challenging, yet scenic.
- Black River. Kayakers enjoy seeing lots of different wildflowers while they are kayaking on this river. Kayakers usually make this a multi day trip. Campers enjoy camping overnight on the river's banks. Having sufficient water to kayak in, even during droughts, is why this is one of the best places to kayak in North Carolina.
- Catawba River. Fisherman should not miss a chance to kayak on this river. This is a good river to kayak on for both experienced and inexperienced kayakers. Being able to view many different kinds of wildlife while kayaking makes this one of the best places to kayak in North Carolina.
- Dan River. This is a great place to take the whole family kayaking. This river is gentle enough for children and seniors to kayak on. Being able view view nineteenth century towns and plantations while kayaking makes this one of the best places to Kayak in North Carolina.
- Fontana Lake. This is one of the most beautiful lakes in the country. Kayakers enjoy view many different rock formations as they paddle around this lake. Having crystal clear and warm water makes this lake one of the best places to kayak in North Carolina.
- Lumber River. Kayakers should try to kayak on this river when they have a few days to explore all the river has to offer. Kayakers enjoy seeing many different types of wildlife as well as lush scenery when they kayak on this river. Being able to view beautiful and unspoiled scenery while kayaking makes this one of the best places to kayak in North Carolina.