5 Best Shannon Elizabeth Movies
For an actress who hasn’t starred in that many feature-length films, finding the five best Shannon Elizabeth movies wasn’t hard. Which makes it all the more incredible that the five movies below were as memorable as they were. Many of the best Shannon Elizabeth movies premiered around the turn of the century (1999-2001), with a small glimpse into her pre-fame days and one small part in an excellent ensemble cast after becoming a household name.
- “Jack Frost” (1996) - One of the earliest Shannon Elizabeth movies, it features Elizabeth as a teen who is raped and killed by a snowman (you read that right) while taking a bath and waiting to have sex with her boyfriend. It’s disturbing as an isolated incident but hilarious in the overall context of the movie, which is itself an over-the-top farce.
- “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” (2001) - In this Shannon Elizabeth movie, Elizabeth plays Justice, a member of an all-female diamond robbing gang that pretends to be an animal liberation group. Jay falls head over heels for Justice and agrees, along with Silent Bob, to distract the cops by liberating animals from a testing lab while the women rob a nearby diamond warehouse. Of the four jewel thieves, Elizabeth’s character is by far the most sympathetic and likable, and in the end she does what’s right as well as helps save Jay and Silent Bob.
- “Scary Movie” (2000) - This Shannon Elizabeth movie spoofs horror movie clichés, and Elizabeth’s role as Buffy Gilmore is a parody of the beautiful, popular girl who never makes it to the credits in movies like "Scream," "Scream 2," and "I Know What You Did Last Summer." She’s shallow and uses her sex appeal to manipulate others, and in one of the movie's funnier moments she criticizes the killer’s technique as he repeatedly attempts to off her. Once she’s decapitated, she continues demeaning the killer to the point that he throws her head in a garbage can and puts the lid on top just to shut her up.
- “Love Actually” (2003) - Without a doubt the best Shannon Elizabeth movie, it also features her the least of any movie on this list. She plays Harriet, a roommate to three other girls who take in a British character looking for love in America. She’s called “the sexy one” despite the fact that the other three roommates are considered extremely sexy as well. Together, the five of them share a single bed. Naked.
- “American Pie” (1999) - In perhaps her best known role, Shannon Elizabeth played Nadia, a Czechoslovakian foreign exchange student pursued by the main character. She starred in the raciest scenes in the movie, from stripping to masturbation to seducing the main character (unsuccessfully, it turns out). Elizabeth’s rough accent, naïveté, and ditziness make her one of the centerpieces of what is considered one of the funniest movies of the ‘90’s and the best Shannon Elizabeth movie.