5 Fun Facts About Lady Gaga
Looking for 5 fun facts about Lady Gaga so you can get to know this singer better? Lady Gaga is a popular singer and songwriter whose over-the-top look sets her apart from many of her contemporaries. Lady Gaga has come out with albums that include "The Fame Monster" and "The Remix."
- Lady Gaga or Stefani? Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. She came up with the name Lady Gaga from the song "Radio Ga Ga" by Queen. With her flamboyant appearance and wild presence, Lady Gaga seems to fit her new name.
- Lady Gaga's climb up the musical ladder. Lady Gaga learned to play the piano when she was four. By the time she was thirteen, she had written a piano ballad. When she was fourteen, she was playing at open mic nights at New York clubs, such as The Bitter End.
- Lady Gaga's schooling. Who would have guessed? Lady Gaga attended the Manhattan private school Convent of the Sacred Heart. This is the same high school that Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie attended. This private school encourages, among other things, "forming creative, yet disciplined, self-expression." I guess Lady Gaga did extra credit in that department.
- Lady Gaga's fashion icons. On her website, Lady Gaga "cites rock star girlfriends, Peggy Bundy, and Donatella Versace as her fashion icons." This makes sense! The weird and funky way Lady Gaga dresses is over the top, to say the least. The anything-goes vibe of rock stars, the tight stretch leggings and wild tops, not to mention the big hair of Peggy Bundy and the skin-tight elegance of Donatella Versace, explain her fashion slant.
- Lady Gaga: the seamstress. In addition to singing and writing songs, Lady Gaga also designs and sews much of the apparel she wears on stage. This should be no surprise because Lady Gaga clearly has a vision of what she wants. What better than for her to create the exact look—down to accessories like the yellow telephone strapped to her head and the "Hello Kitty" dress—herself?