5 Products That Prevent Blisters When Running
Blisters are an unfortunate reality of running; learn about 5 products that prevent blisters when running. Blisters are uncomfortable and painful. They can even become infected. Learn how to prevent blisters with these products:
- Moleskin. This inexpensive blister prevention product is easy to find and easy to use. You can use this product before your run to prevent blisters. You can also apply the Moleskin to existing blisters. This is one of the most inexpensive ways to prevent blisters while running. Available in three sheets at most drug stores.
- ENGO Perf Patches. This product prevents blisters by creating a new surface for your foot. You can apply the ENGO Perf Patches to your shoe or sock. Reviews liked that this blister preventing product stayed in place when running and that they lasted through many runs. The ENGOPerf patches come in a four-pack.
- New Balance Unisex CoolMax Mesh No Show 2-Pack Sock. These blister preventing socks will help keep your feet cool when running. The moisture-wicking properties discourage blisters from forming. These socks also provide arch support when running. The CoolMax Mesh socks are best for runners who tend to get blisters on their toes. If you tend to be blisters on the bottoms of your feet, you might need a double layered sock.
- Adidas Men's ForMotion Running Zone Sock. This running sock is low-cut and prevents blisters with "zone cushioning" for places on your foot that are most likely to develop blisters. The ForMotion running zone sock provides cushioning for your toes, Achilles and arch. These socks feature "ClimaLite" technology for wicking moisture away from your foot while running. Anti-microbial technology decreases both athlete's foot and odor. Also features padded non-sips tabs on cuff.
- Bodyglide Anti-friction skin formula. Body-glide is a blister preventing product that goes on like deodorant. You can use it on your feet or any other area where you experience chaffing while running. Bodyglide is easy to apply and it is best at preventing blisters while running, before you develop them. Bodyglide works by reducing friction between your foot and your sock and/or shoe.
Posted on: Jul. 05, 2010