Arroz Con Pollo Recipe
The perfect Arroz Con Pollo recipe is one that combines the perfect combination of chicken, rice, and Cuban flavors. This particular recipe is easy to make, does not take a lot of hard to find ingredients, and will impress anyone you choose to make it for.
To make Arroz Con Pollo, you will need:
- 6 chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped (white or yellow)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup beer (not too dark)
- 1 can peas (15 oz, and drained)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (roasted and sliced)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the chicken till browned and cooked through, then set aside. You want to cook the chicken with out causing it to dry out, so make sure to cook till just done.
- Next, saute the onion, garlic, and bell pepper, then add in the tomato sauce, saffron, bouillon cubes, and the cooked chicken into the skillet. The onion, garlic and bell pepper will cook for just a few minutes, until the onion begins to look translucent, then the other ingredients will be added.
- Cook the mixture for about 10 minutes, then add the uncooked rice, lower the heat to low, and add the beer. The reason you do not want to pick too dark of a beer is because the flavor will overpower the other flavors in the pan. The rice will cook with in the ingredients, soaking up the flavors, causing a perfect mixture in every bite. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
- When done, stir in the peas, and serve.