Benefits Of Running
The benefits of running are numerous. Why do people run? To escape an animal or person perhaps. But here we’re looking into the health and fitness realm, where the body reaps advantages when you decide to put on your running shoes and head for the track.
- Running benefits the heart, giving it a workout. Whenever you run, you boost the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, which are both intertwined. The heart pumps more blood, clearing congested arteries, and since the heart itself is a muscle it becomes robust and more resilient to heart attacks and strokes. Running improves the condition of the lungs as they stretch, expand, and strengthen. When running, the runner breathes deeply and more so this exercise smoothes the process of respiration.
- Running is benefiting exercise which naturally produces a euphoric feel-good sensation. This exhilarating feeling comes from satisfaction from having accomplished a achievement and hormones called endorphins and seratonin. It has been clinically proven that running is a natural psycho-therapeutic which alleviates mental depression, brightening the negative outlook in patients. Endorphins give a top of the world feeling after running or jogging. This hormone is active during sexual intercourse and pleasurable social activities. After a few minutes of running, seratonin is secreted into the blood and regulates mood (this is a powerful hormone). Most pharmaceutical companies use superficial seratonin in antidepressant drugs and medication, copying what the body already produces naturally.
- Running is beneficial in that it staves the appetite so that there is less chance of overeating and gaining weight. Exercise in general diminishes the desire to eat a lot, because the body’s metabolism is being regulated. Diet and running go hand in hand.
- Running is a benefit because it exponentially develops the body’s endurance to work for long periods and go for long distances. While walking is just as important as running, running’s intensity levies a greater demand on the body’s reserves and improves condition.
- Running benefits social ties for it is a great way to connect. Either with a group with a health-focus, social-focus, or a cause at stake. Running provides opportunity for communication, giving you at the same time a nostalgic moment back to when you were a kid, playing and running with your friends. Have fun while doing it!