Best Country Songs Of All Time
Country music lovers have an inherent interest in learning about the best country songs of all time. There are a lot more people who are interested in country songs today because this type of music is more popular now than in the past.
- "Crazy" by Patsy Cline is one of those country songs that is in a class of its own. Her husky voice sings this song perfectly and in a way that nobody else has ever been able to imitate.
- "Your Cheatin’ Heart" by Hank Williams Sr. is another one of the great country songs that simply cannot go overlooked. After all, in the same way that Patsy Cline is queen of country music, Hank Williams Sr. is king of country music.
- "Sixteen Tons" by Tennessee Ernie Ford is one of those country songs that is the classical depressing song in which the dog dies and the pickup truck breaks down. Even with all of the negativity it has still made the list of best country songs because it is so much fun to sing along to.
- "El Paso" by Marty Robbins is an old country song. While Marty Robbins didn’t have as many hits as a lot of other country artists, this is definitely one of them.
- "I Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash, a country music legend, is definitely one of the best songs this man ever produced.
- "Always On My Mind" by Willie Nelson is a song that was done by numerous artists such as Elvis and the Pet Shop Boys but none of them did it as well as the original country song.
- "Stand By Your Man" by Tammy Wynette is one of the all time best country songs. While she may not be as legendary as Patsy Cline, her song is still being played in bars and at weddings today.
- "I Fall To Pieces" by Patsy Cline is another one of Patsy Cline’s great country songs. With her hauntingly melodic voice Patsy Cline defines the country music genre, at least when it comes to female performers.
- "Friends In Low Places" by Garth Brooks is definitely one of the best country songs even though most of his fans would say that The Dance is even better. However, Friends In Low Places is the song that will get everyone at the party singing along to it.
- "Forever And Ever Amen" by Randy Travis topped the billboard charts in 1987 and stayed there for 43 weeks. While Randy Travis has never been able to duplicate this success, at least he has one of the best country songs ever.
Posted on: Feb. 24, 2011