Casio Watch Battery Change Guide
When the battery dies in your Casio watch, you have a couple options for a Casio watch battery change guide. You can pay someone up to thirty dollars to replace it for you, or you can do it yourself. Changing the battery in a Casio watch is not too hard, but be sure that you are in a safe and clean environment before you start. When a little dirt gets into the works, it can gum everything up.
- Mouse pad or clean soft cloth
- Jeweler's screwdriver
- Magnifying glass
- If you have a leather watch band that covers the back of the watch, remove it.
Put the watch face down on the soft cloth or mouse pad to protect the face from scratches.
Use the screwdriver to remove the screws from the back protector plate of the watch. Hint: Either place screws into a cup or stick them to a piece of tape to keep them from rolling around. Avoid using magnets because they can magnetize the screws and mess up the watch's moving parts. Then, remove the screws from the back plate.
- Remove the black plate, ensuring that you do not turn the watch over. Keep it flat on the surface of the table. There is a spring that can get dislodged if you do not keep the watch flat when removing the back.
- Remove the rubber protector to locate the battery. Be careful to not crimp or damage the rubber protector. It helps keep the watch water resistant.
- Using sharp tweezers (or an un-bent paper clip), put one end of the tweezers into the small hole that holds the clip, and it will spring open to release the battery.
- Do not touch the new battery with your hands. Instead, use regular tweezers to pick up the new battery and insert into the battery slot.
- Replace the clip over the battery, put the rubber protector back, too.
- Put the back plate on the watch and screw into place.
- Put the back plate protector over the back plate and screw in place.
- Reattach the watch band.