Chinese Dumplings Recipe
This Chinese dumplings recipe will rival those in your favorite dim sum restaurant. This recipe is a classic Cantonese Chinese dumplings recipe with pork and shrimp. The filling for the Chinese dumplings tastes best if you chop the pork and shrimp by hand.
If you want to make Chinese dumplings, you will need:
- 2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 pound shelled raw shrimp
- 4 to 5 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in warm water until soft
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 6 fresh water chestnuts, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- Round won ton wrappers
- Chop the pork until it is coarsely minced. Chop the shrimp and add it to the pork.
- Take the stems off of the mushrooms and chop the caps. Add those to the shrimp and pork.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients. Mix it together thoroughly with your hands.
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet. Make one inch balls and put them on the baking sheet.
- Put one ball in the center of a wonton wrapper. Pull the edges of the won ton wrapper to seal the dumpling. Repeat with the other wrappers until all of the Chinese dumplings are made.
- In a bamboo steam layer banana leaves. Brush the leaves with oil.
- Heat up the steamer and place the Chinese dumplings into the steamer in batches. Cook for five minutes, until heated through.
- Serve the Chinese dumplings hot. Garnish with chopped green onions.