Create Iphone Ringtones
To save money, you can create iPhone ringtones yourself to download to your device. This is an easy, fast and fun way to make custom ringtones of songs of your choice without having to spend extra cash to use them.
You will need:
- USB Cable
- Open iTunes. You will have to make your ringtone in the iTunes program. This is the precursor for creating ringtones for the iPhone.
- Choose a song. First, you will have to select a song in your iTunes that you want to use as your iPhone's ringtone. Right-click on the song and choose "Get Info," then choose "Options" at the top of the menu and change the "Stop Time" to an amount of time appropriate for a ringtone. Most ringtones are no longer than 30 seconds.
- Convert the song. Next, you will have to select the "Advanced" menu in iTunes. Choose "Create AAC version." This is necessary in order to create ringtones for the iPhone.
- Convert the file. You will have to convert the file so that it is compatible with your computer. Whether you have a PC or a Mac, you should right-click on the new ringtone convert it to .m4r format. Double-click on the file and change the format directly in the file's name.
- Move the ringtone. For safe keeping, you will have to create a folder called "Ringtones" in iTunes. Click the "New Folder" tab at the bottom left of the program to create it, then click on the ringtone and drag it over to the new "Ringtones" folder to store it there.
- Connect your iPhone. Next, you will have to connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable. This will enable you to sync your device to get the new ringtone you just created. Select the "Ringtones" tab so that you can sync the files in that folder and not every file on your iTunes.
Posted on: Apr. 25, 2011