Felt A Pool Table
When you would like to felt a pool table, you need to know the exact steps to make the job look professional. You also need to ensure that the felt is in the proper placement since you also want to ensure that you’re able to play pool on it. Having the proper materials is also needed to felt a pool table, they can be found in various stores.
To felt a pool table, you will need:
- Screw driver
- Staple remover
- Staple gun and staples
- Measure the pool table to properly felt it. You will want to purchase the new piece of felt that is at least 12 inches longer, and 12 inches wider than the actual dimensions of the table. You can determine the color you would like at this time as well.
- Remove the edge rails around the table. They should be re felted when the table top is felted. Remove the bolts holding them in place underneath the table. Keep the rails in the corners they came from.
- Remove the staples from the edges of the table. Remove the staples completely without leaving any in the table or the wood.
- Lay down the new felt on the top of the table. Cut along the edges of each side, leaving 12 inches over for each of the sides. The 12 inches should be used to re felt the rails on the sides of the table.
- Staple the felt to the table. Work around the edges, and then staple the ends of the table. Make sure the felt is pulled tightly while stapling to felt a pool table.
- Cut three slits in the 12 inches of felt over the corner pockets. Wrap these edges around the pockets, and staple them down. Cut off the excess felt on these sides.
- Re attach the rails that you removed. They should be covered in the new felt. Put the bolts back in their original holes. You can then also insert the pocket liners where they go.