Good Rock Bands 2010
Good rock bands in 2010 were not always easy to find. With the Internet allowing for great ease in obtaining pirated music, record companies have struggled. This struggle means that a lot of bands are simply not promoted by their labels on the same level they were over a decade ago. However, some bands managed to push through and still have a successful year in 2010, both creatively and financially.
- Muse – An extremely talented trio from southwestern England, Muse has all the makings to be not only a good rock band, but perhaps a legendary one. The band has been releasing successful albums since the 1990s and 2010 was no exception. Although their hit record “Resistance” was released in late 2009, much of its success came in 2010. Hit singles such as “Uprising”, “Resistance”, and “United States of Eurasia” helped keep 2010 rocking.
- The Gaslight Anthem – The Gaslight Anthem is a rock band from New Jersey. Their 2010 album “American Slang” was received very positively among fans and critics alike. The Gaslight Anthem has a sound that screams Americana, but with a punk edge. Overall, they have been a breath a fresh air in what, at times, has been a stagnant rock scene.
- The Black Keys – To call the Black Keys good would be an understatement. Consisting of only two individuals, this band has managed to find the type of mainstream success in 2010 that has plagued them in the past. Not since the White Stripes has a rock duo had such an impact on the music scene. Hit singles like “Tighten Up” and “Howlin for You” were hard to miss and thank goodness for that.
- Band of Horses – Band of Horses is another great rock band with a unique sound. Hailing from the musically rich city of Seattle, Band of Horses released their third studio album in 2010. Entitled “Infinite Arms”, this album has proved to be the bands most commercially successful one to date. Featuring the hit single “Laredo”, this is an album worth checking out sooner than later.
- The National – Highlighted by Matt Berninger’s baritone voice, The National is another rock band that managed to impress in 2010. Currently based out of Brooklyn, New York, The National has been a stand out in a diverse and talented New York music scene. In 2010 the band released its fifth studio album “High Violet” to an overwhelmingly positive critical reception. In fact, the band was even nominated for a Brit Award as best “International Breakthrough Act”. If you have the chance makes sure to check out the band’s previous albums as they have seemed to fly under the radar a bit but are just as good.