Guide To Dating Young Women
Looking for a guide to dating younger women? Usually, when we think about older men dating younger women, we tend to think of the extreme cases, such as the late Anna Nicole Smith’s older husband, or celebrities such as Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. These are usually the exceptions to the rule. If you are considering dating younger women, however, here is a brief guide to doing so.
- Keep the age difference at least halfway believable. Ten years is usually the maximum age difference that there should be when dating younger women. It is true that relationships have worked out where the men were fifteen, twenty, or even 25 years older than the women, but these are rare and carry their own set of problems with them.
- When dating younger women, remember they are younger and will have a different perspective on things. Keep an open mind. You may start looking at some things differently yourself.
- Limit yourself to mature young women when dating women younger than you. Being seen with a giggly, silly, immature young woman who does not know how to act in public will only make you look foolish. No one will expect her to act any differently because her immaturity will be so evident, but you will not be afforded that same courtesy, because everyone will know that you should have known better.
- Don’t approach dating younger women with the attitude of Henry Higgins from “My Fair Lady” teaching Eliza how to speak and behave. Most mature younger women already know how to act, and expect to be treated as though they do.
- By all means, be romantic, but don’t overdo it. Flowers and small gifts are an occasional nice touch, but you never want her to think you are buying her affections, or worse, that you think you own her. Pay close attention to her reactions; you will be able to tell if she feels that you are overdoing it a bit.
- Now, on to a more delicate subject. Just as with women closer to your age, when dating younger women, the chance for intimacy (unless one or both of you are practicing abstinence) will most likely arise if the relationship progresses. And, guys, whether or not you want to admit it, a younger woman definitely has more staying power than an older man.
- When dating younger women, you may find one who is practicing abstinence. This could be because of religious or other moral beliefs, or because she does not want to take a chance at endangering her health. Even if you have a clean bill of health and can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, if she does not want the relationship to progress to a sexual one, respect that. If you can’t, then respect her enough to end the relationship.
- This works both ways, of course. If you are abstinent for whatever reason, and she begins to push for a physical relationship, be honest and explain why you don’t want to proceed in that direction. Then, based on her reaction, decide if you want to continue the relationship or not.
- Consider the feelings of your children, if you have any. If you have children of your own, especially if they are close in age to the younger women you date, by all means consider their reactions and feelings, but remember that it is still your life. Do not, however, try to force a relationship between your children and your new partner.
- Again, keep it realistic, especially where the age gap and maturity level of the young women you date are concerned. If you should decide that dating younger women is not right for you, you do not want the first thing that older women remember about you being your past fiascos while dating younger women.