How To Calibrate LCD TV
Need to know how to calibrate an LCD TV? If you've just purchased a brand new LCD TV, you will want to know how to calibrate it properly. When you see a TV on display at a store and the picture looks perfect, it is because they had to calibrate it first. Calibrating your LCD TV will allow you to view a perfect image that is comfortable for your eyes. When you get your LCD TV home and turn it on, you will find out that the picture will need some adjustments. It is easy to calibrate your LCD TV and will only take a few minutes of your time.
- Find the proper spot for your LCD TV. Consider the lighting conditions. Make sure that you have your television in an area where there will not be a huge glare or a bad reflection of light. Find the right position that works best for you.
- Bring up the "Picture" menu. From your LCD TV or remote, select the "Menu" button. Scroll through the menu until you get to the "Picture" menu option. Press "OK" to select this option.
- Play around with the settings. This will give you a good idea of how you would like your LCD TV image to look. Go through each setting that you want to calibrate on your TV. Some of the settings include brightness, color, contrast, sharpness and tint. The exact settings you use will vary depending on how you like to watch your TV.
- Adjust the settings to where you are comfortable with them. To make a calibration adjustment, use the left and right arrows to change the setting. Select the setting that you want, and when it is highlighted use the arrows to adjust the settings.
- Complete all setting adjustments. When you are finished with one setting, press "Menu" to exit out and go back to the "Picture" menu. Repeat these steps for all additional settings. You a now done calibrating your LCD TV!