How Can I Change My Facebook URL?
Some people find it difficulty figuring out how to change your Facebook URL. In truth, it is really quite a simple combination of steps. In order to change this URL, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
- Make sure you are on your account. In households with multiple Facebook users on a single computer, it can easily get confusing, and you may possibly end up changing the information on someone else’s account. This can be very frustrating. If you are not sure, log off the account and simply log back in using your own account settings.
- Find the Account Settings link. This is located under the Account tab at the top right of the web page. Click on this tab and a list will drop down. The third choice down is Account Settings.
- FInd the User Name choice. This is a button found on the Account Settings page. It is the second choice down on the page right below the Name section. Click on this button to be taken to the next page.
- Think of what you want your URL to be. The beginning of the URL will always be "www.facebook.com". This cannot be changed. If you don't already know what they want their URL to be, take a moment to figure it out.
- Click on the text box below the User name tab after clicking on it. This is where you will insert the desired name for the end of the URL.
- Check the availability of that name. This step is simple. All you have to do is click on the button that says “check availability” and Facebook will run it through their database to find out if your choice is already taken. If so, it will ask you to pick something different.
- When prompted, click the confirm button. After the availability has been confirmed, it will automatically set it as your URL after you click the confirm button. Once this is done, your URL will officially be changed.
Knowing exactly how to change your Facebook URL can make customization of your account way less frustrating. In doing this, you can truly make your Facebook page your own.