How To Clean A Wii Game Disc
An important task that all Wii game console owners should know is how to clean a Wii game disc. Keeping your Wii game discs clean and scratch free, will make sure that the disc is always read properly by the Wii console without skipping. You also want to make sure to keep your Wii game discs clean so you do not damage your Wii console by letting waste on the disc get inside the console.
To clean a Wii disk, you will need:
- A dry cloth
- A damp cloth
- A bar of soap or dish soap
- Apply a very small amount of soap to the damp cloth. The soap will help clean the Wii game disc of any waste that may have settled upon it. Make sure not too apply to much soap, only a light layer, so as not to damage the disc.
- Lightly run the damp cloth around the entire back side of the disc. Make sure not to press too hard, so you do not damage the disc. Only the back side (the silver side that doesn't have a picture on it) needs to be cleaned, as the front side is not read by the Wii console.
- Lightly dry the entire back of the game disc with the dry cloth. You must remember to dry the Wii game disc immediately, as prolonged moisture can damage the disc. Never place the Wii game disc into the Wii console while the disc is wet, as that can cause severe damage to both the disc and console.
- Linen and wool cloths work best for cleaning Wii games discs, as they are softer and the least likely to damage or scratch the disc.