How To Cure Dry Feet
If you have to bare your feet in public, you may be interested in learning how to cure dry feet. Dry feet can be unsightly and will not look very nice on the beach or in sandals. They also can become cracked and catch on your sheets or be painful. Dry cracked feet are a more common problem than one may think.
To cure dry feet, you will need:
- Pumice stone or other exfoliator
- Moisturizing lotion
- Epson salts
- Basic for your feet
- Wax spa bath
- Soak. Begin your dry feet cure by soaking them in a basin of Epson salt water. This will soften the tough skin and help sooth them. Soak them for about twenty to 30 minutes. Salt is also good for fighting bacteria and fungus.
- Exfoliate. After you are done soaking your feet grab the pumice stone or other exfoliator. Slowly and gently work over each foot removing the rough and dead skin cells. This is an important step in curing dry feet. Removing the dead skin allows the moisturizer to penetrate. Rinse off your feet and pat dry.
- Moisturizing. Slather on a thick layer of moisturizing lotion such as Vaseline Intensive Care. Massage it into your feet and then put in a snug pair of socks.
- Spa Bath. You can purchase a wax spa bath with either paraffin or soy wax. Both can be extremely helpful in soothing dry cracked feet and restoring their moisture. Follow the directions that come with the wax spa to prevent any injury.