How To Date Russian Women
Whether you are looking for a Russian woman to date, are interested in a particular Russian girl, or are just curious about cultural differences in that sort of dating scenario, it may be beneficial to think over how to date Russian women before diving right in. People are people, and you will find a variety of personalities within any culture, but awareness and having an open minded attitude are precursors to success when crossing cultural barriers. Dating a woman from Russia will be a learning experience and hopefully a positive one also.
- When seeking a Russian woman online, beware of scams. There are reputable sites, just do your homework. Find out if a Russian woman is an exchange student or seeking something in particular, such as marriage.
- Be sensitive to cultural differences. Be open to the fact that her perception may be different than yours when dating a Russian woman. It is easy to assume that your way is the best way, but being able to see situations from an alternate angle will enable both of you to peaceably learn something new about each other. Realize that what is normal for you may be a strange experience for her. For example, if she is used to a place where only men can express their political opinions, it may be difficult initially for her to start inserting her thoughts on world events in a group of friends.
- Treat a Russian woman with kindness and thoughtfulness. There may be a reason she is seeking someone outside of her culture for dating. She may be looking for someone to treat her better than she has known in the past. Russian women tend to be romantically minded, and appreciate manners and chivalry.
- Give yourself a crash course in Russian traditions. If you educate yourself on Russian traditions, she will be impressed and grateful you took the time to do so. This will help you to understand her way of thinking, where she is coming from, and why some things are important to her. If you intend to meet her family, knowledge will help you refrain from blatantly offending someone when dating a Russian woman. For instance, it is typical to bring a gift to the hostess' house when invited for dinner.
- Russian interactions are slightly different than American ones. Russian women stand closely together when talking, using soft voices. Kissing cheeks among friends is common, so don't mistake that for romantic interest when it may just be an expression of friendliness. On the other hand, she will probably expect you to make the first move if you are hesitant about asking her out. Think old-fashioned and you will do well when dating Russian women.
- Remember a Russian woman's sense of pride in her nationality and culture. There is a strong sense of unity among people of her culture, with a history of difficult lives and suffering. Be respectful of this during social or dating interactions.