How To Have A Polyamorous Relationship
If you can't commit yourself to one woman, you may be wondering how to have a polyamorous relationship. A polyamorous relationship is simply the act of having multiple partners at one time with the consent of everyone involved in any of the various relationships between all parties involved. Communication is the key to making a polyamorous relationship work.
- Always seek your partners’ permission before starting a new relationship. The goal of a polyamorous relationship is to allow all partners to agree to an open relationship. This way everyone gets what they want and no one is going behind the other person’s back or cheating on them.
- Tell your new partner about your relationships before starting a new one. She should be comfortable and willing to accept a polyamorous relationship. Let her know up front, as soon as you think she may be interested in you, what kind of relationship you have and that if the two of you start something it won’t be exclusive.
- Realize your partners will have other partners as well. It would be unfair to have multiple partners without allowing those partners to play the field as well. Sit down and talk about what each person is comfortable with and what restrictions each might want to place on the relationship, such as letting the other partner know when you’ll be with someone else.
- Always practice safe sex and get tested for STD’s once a year or when necessary. It is your responsibility to always wear a condom to avoid spreading disease or infection between partners. If you tell your partner you are free of STD’s or that you wore a condom with the other partner and you’re lying, she may be able to sue you in court. Be honest and open in your polyamorous relationship.
- Invite your partners to meet each other. If you’re dating two women at the same time in your polyamorous relationship, consider asking them to meet each other. You can all go on a date and, if you’re lucky, maybe head back to your place afterward for a little action with both women. This is just one of the many perks of a polyamorous relationship.
- Keep in mind that states usually prohibit marriage between more than two people. While you’re free to date as many women as you want in your polyamorous relationship, you are not free to marry more than one or you could find yourself in trouble with the law.