How To Install A Klipsch RC 10 Center Channel Speaker
To make sure you get the best sound out of it and to keep from damaging your system, you need to know how to install a Klipsch RC 10 center channel speaker. This is not to say that it is hard, but you do need to be careful about how you connect the speaker wires. The Klipsch RC 10 Center Channel Speaker should go above or below your TV and should be in between the right and left channel speakers.
What You Need To Install A Klipsch RC 10 Center Channel Speaker
- Wire cutters
- Wire strippers
- Flashlight (optional)
- Three to ten feet of speaker wire (depending on the distance between your receiver and your Klipsch center speaker)
- Prepare the speaker wire. Cut the speaker wire to the length you need to easily reach the Klipsch RC 10 center channel speaker with no strain and even a little extra slack in case you need to move something around. Use the wire strippers to take some of the coating off each end of the wire so you have about an inch exposed on both ends.
- Find the center channel speaker output. Look on the back of your receiver to find the output for the center channel speaker. This is where the flashlight may come in handy. It is normally marked “Center Out” or something similar.
- Connect the wire to the receiver. If you are using red and black speaker wire, hook the speaker wire to the back of the receiver accordingly. The black coated wire to the black colored terminal on the receiver, and the red one the one red to the red colored terminal. If the wire is copper and silver colored, put the copper wire in the red terminal and the silver in the black.
- Connect the wire to the Klipsch RC 10 Center Channel Speaker. Locate the speaker wire terminals on the back of the speaker and hook up your speaker wire. Be sure to stay with red on red and black on black.
You have installed your Klipsch RC 10 Center Channel Speaker. Power up your system and adjust the volume on the center speaker to suit your taste.