How To Make A Board Game
Are you wondering how to make a board game? If you have a really great idea for a fun game you and your friends will have hours of enjoyment with, you're already half way there. Creating a game for two or more players is easy, inexpensive and fun. Just follow these easy steps.
To make a board game you will need:
- figures (coins, different colored buttons, etc. will work)
- play money (optional)
- direction cards (optional)
- cardboard for game board
- marker(s) or colored pencil(s)
- protractor (optional)
- paper or colored paper
- First determine the objective, goal and rules of the game. Then start to create the board game. For example if your game will have a destination point you will need to create an ending point on the board. If the objective of the game will the last person able to move using money, etc, you will need to include this.
- Choose markers to represent players. Choose smaller items that will move about the board with ease. Different items can be used to represent each player.
- Use a ruler and pencil to create the outside of the game board. This can be drawn directly on the cardboard or on an optional piece of paper and glued to the cardboard. Once you are happy with the dimensions of the board game, cut along the lines you created.
- Pencil in the board game design. Using a pencil first will allow you to erase lines, etc. drawn in error. Draw the design completely before marking over the penciled lines with marker or colored pencil.
- Create optional pieces such as money or cards on paper or colored paper. Lightly draw these items on paper with a pencil to ensure you will be happy with your board game items. Finish the optional pieces with colored markers, pencil, etc.