How To Make Chicken Soup
Learning how to make chicken soup can be good for your health, appetite, and soul. A variety of soups can be purchased from a can. However, true taste comes from a homemade soup. While chicken noodle soup from a can has been known to make loved ones feel better, just think what homemade chicken noodle soup can do for the health of your family!
To make chicken soup with noodles, you need:
- 1 cup of noodles (straight, curly, whatever you prefer)
- 5 cups of chicken broth (fresh or canned)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded or chunked cooked chicken breast (fresh or canned)
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large pot over heat and melt the butter in it.
- Add the chopped onion and sliced veggies to make chicken soup into the pot of butter.
- Cook over medium heat for five minutes until browned.
- Stir in the broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover the pot of chicken soup, and allow to cook for an additional fifteen minutes.
- Add the noodles into the pot of broth and continue to cook with the pot uncovered. Cook until the noodles are done and tender.
- Add the chicken to the soup mixture and leave over heat until the chicken is warmed.
- Taste the chicken soup and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish the top of the chicken soup with parsley flakes for an elegant appearance.
- Serve home made chicken noodle soup with crackers or bread.
- For easier cooking, place all ingredients in a crock pot and allow to cook for a couple of hours, depending on crock pot instruction manual.
- Double the recipe. The chicken soup can be frozen and thawed for later meals.