How To Make A Christmas Ornament
Learn how to make a Christmas ornament by following these easy steps. Anyone can accomplish this task with a little creativity. Make a bunch of these ornaments as stocking stuffers or mail them to your friends to share the Christmas spirit. Show off your personal style by varying the colors to match your taste or use the recipient's favorite color to show you're a good listener. It's time to break out the glue and get into the Christmas spirit.
Supplies needed to make your Christmas ornament:
- Cardboard box, a shoe box or clothing box works best
- Holiday wrapping paper
- Hole punch
- 1/4 inch wide ribbon
- Coffee mug
- Craft glue
- Trace around the bottom of a coffee mug onto the cardboard. Cut out two cardboard circles for every ornament you are making. Trace the same circle twice onto the wrapping paper. Cut the wrapping paper a half inch outside the circle marking.
- Glue the wrapping paper to the cardboard circles. Wrap the edges of the wrapping paper over the cardboard. Snip into the margins of the wrapping paper to make this easier. This is the base for your ornament.
- Cut short strips of ribbon. Glue the ribbon onto the front of the Christmas ornament base. Be creative with this step. You can overlap the ribbon to make any shape you like. Use multiple colors for more flair. Wrap the edges of the ribbon over to the backside of the cardboard.
- Glue the front and back of the ornament together. The two finished sides should be facing out. Punch a hole at the top of the Christmas ornament. Feed a piece of ribbon through the hole and tie a knot at the end to make a loop.