How To Make Simple Macaroni And Cheese
The easiest method how to make simple macaroni and cheese is to make it on the stove top in one pot. Stove top macaroni and cheese is ready to serve in less than half an hour. Add salad and rolls and you have a quick and simple dinner.
To make simple macaroni and cheese, you will need:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil water. Fill a deep pot half full of water and bring it to a boil. Add a little oil to the boiling water and stir in the macaroni. Bring the water to a boil again and cook until the macaroni is tender. Drain the macaroni in a colander and return it to the pot.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the milk and salt to the eggs and blend thoroughly. Pour the mixture over the cooked macaroni and stir.
- Cook the macaroni and cheese. Add the cheese to the macaroni mixture and cook over a low heat for 3 to 5 minutes stirring constantly until the macaroni and cheese is smooth and creamy. Serve hot.
Tips: Spice up your macaroni and cheese by adding a teaspoon of hot sauce or cayenne pepper, 1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard, and ground pepper. Don’t be afraid to experiment with a different combination of cheeses. Do not overcook the pasta, it will make your simple macaroni and cheese mushy and unappetizing.