How To Make Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
Want to learn how to make slow cooker vegetable soup? Vegetable soup is really good for you, and it is easy to make in a slow cooker. Read on for directions on how to make slow cooker vegetable soup for yourself or your friends or family. First we'll go over the ingredients you'll need to make slow cooker vegetable soup.
What you need to make slow cooker vegetable soup:
- 1 lb round steak diced into about 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups of water
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots sliced
- 3 celery sticks sliced up
- 2 onions diced
- 3 cubes of beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies
How to make slow cooker vegetable soup:
- Add ingredients. Put all ingredients into your slow cooker, except the frozen vegetables. Reserve the frozen veggies to add later.
- Cook the soup. Put cover on your crock pot, and cook on high for about six hours. You can cook this soup for most of the day.
- Add veggies. Next, add in the frozen vegetables and cover. These take less time to cook, so that's why they're added last.
- Cook some more. Cook for an additional 2 hours or so so that the vegetables and meat will be nice and tender.
- Serve the vegetable soup. Serve with homemade bread and butter or crackers.
This slow cooker vegetable soup recipe makes about ten servings. Enjoy with your friends and family on a cold day.