How To Make Thanksgiving Baked Dressing Recipe
Many people wonder how to make a Thanksgiving baked dressing recipe. Thanksgiving is a joyous occasion where food is typically the center of the day. There are many wonderful recipes for Thanksgiving dishes, but here is a great one for a baked dressing dish.
To make Thanksgiving baked dressing, you will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 10 slices of day-old bread, cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or chicken and rice soup
- 1/2 soup can of water
- Place the butter in a frying pan. When the butter melts, add the onion and celery and saute until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the other ingredients. Place the onion and celery mix in the bowl and add the cubed bread, salt, pepper, sage, poultry seasoning, soup and water.
- Mix well. Mix all of these ingredients together well. If desired, pieces of a chopped apple or cranberries can also be added. Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a two-quart baking dish. After greasing the dish, place the mixture into it. Spread evenly and then cover the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Once the oven is preheated, place the Thanksgiving baked dressing dish into the oven and bake for one hour.
The amount of bread added can change the consistency of the baked dressing. Sometimes additional water should be added to keep the casserole from drying out. In addition, if more flavor is preferred, chicken broth can be used in place of water. Good luck, and enjoy your Thanksgiving baked dressing!