How To Play Video Poker
Video poker comes in a variety of styles you can learn how to play video poker playing between one and 100 hands at a time. Instead of playing at a table, video poker is played at a video game unit just like video slots. You can learn how to play video poker on video poker games located in traditional gambling towns such as Las Vegas and Atlantic City. Video poker units are also located in states throughout the country that are starting to legalize slots gambling, but do not offer table games. Instead of playing against other players, players compete against the casino to win money based on hands they are dealt or draw after discarding cards they don't want.
- Choose the video poker game for you. When learning how to play video poker, choosing a game that interests you will make the game challenging and fun. There are versions of video poker with multiple hands played at a time. There are also versions of video poker with wild cards, or special bonuses. When you first learn how to play video poker, choose a game that you feel will be entertaining, that way you can have fun even if you lose your money.
- Read the rules when learning how to play video poker. Each of the different varieties of video poker have different rules. Make sure you understand the rules before putting your money in to play. Push the rules button on the screen, or read the rules attached to the video game unit. Avoid making the mistake some newcomers to video poker make when they learn to play video poker, which is failing to read the rules entirely.
- Choose your wager, start low when learning the game. Until you have learned how to play the version of video poker you have selected, keep your wagers low. This will help reduce your risk as you learn how to play video poker.
- Play the hand that is dealt to you. The first step is to push the draw button, and a hand of cards are dealt to you. You then decide which cards to keep, and which cards to discard. After discarding the cards, you are either dealt new cards, or you select a pile of cards as your new cards. This will determine if you win or lose in the poker hand. Luckily for new players that are attempting to learn how to play video poker, the game will determine your winnings for you.
- Read strategy books and websites. As a new player that is trying to learn to play video poker, read about the best strategy for the video poker games you enjoy. These website will help you learn which combinations of cards are best to discard and which are best to keep as you try to learn how to play video poker