How To Write A Personal Ad
Need to know how to write a personal ad? Writing a personal ad for an online dating site may seem like a daunting task. In actuality, it can be super easy, fun and rewarding if done correctly. Follow these simple guidelines and avoid a few mistakes and you'll be on your way!
- The pitch. Creating an online personal ad is simply selling yourself. It's important to highlight your strengths, attributes and major points in the written portion of the personal ad. Most women want to see what you do as far as employment, what kind of hobbies you have and what you do for fun. This is your opportunity to explain who you are as a person and what you're looking for in a partner or date.
- Be realistic. When describing who you are in your personal ad, be honest. Describe what you look like physically but also include experiences and feelings that define you. Be honest in describing your ideal mate and ideal first date. Including bits and pieces about where you're from, movies you enjoy or books you read will make it easier to find women with similar interests. Also allow women to know what you're looking for. If you're not looking for a serious relationship, disclose that. If you want to just meet new friends, let it be known.
- Upload photos. It's crucial to upload photos for your personal ad if you're really looking for a response. Most women will completely ignore a profile with no photo. Upload current photos that show who you are. Photos that include pets and children give a women a glimpse into your life. Vacation photos and weekend pictures will also work to show off a little of your life outside of work and your fun side.
- What to avoid. Avoid using profanity in your personal ad and keep the sexual innuendos to a minimum, if you think they are necessary at all. Most women are turned off by sexual advances. Keep the profile light and refrain from being negative. This is not the place to explain why your last relationship failed or why you're divorced.
- Have fun. Dating is supposed to be fun, so make the best of it. If your personal ad is honest in the description of who you are and what you want, it's likely you'll be in contact with many women who have shared interests. Have fun, relax and get ready to mingle!