Make Google My Homepage
Tired of telling yourself you need to make Google your homepage? Setting Google as your homepage involves a few simple steps. Follow these instructions to learn how to make Google your homepage.
To make Google your homepage, you will need:
- Computer with internet access
- Internet browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.)
- Open your internet browser. Locate your Internet browser and open the program. To make Google your homepage, you must do so from the program's options.
- Enter the "Settings" or "Options" menu within the internet browser. There are a couple of ways to enter the menu in your internet browser to change the settings. Try "Tools" and then "Options," which is the most likely case. Alternatively, you can try "Settings" and "Preferences," which will be the case with other browsers. The former method is more popular with browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Change the homepage in the appropriate text box. In almost every case, the text box to change the homepage will be present (without switching tabs). Locate the box where there will be room to enter text; there should already be a webpage for the current homepage.
- Make Google your homepage. Enter in the Google URL that will open as your browser's homepage. You can even slightly alter the address if you wish. For instance, if you want to open and see your mail from Google's email service. Make sure that the URL is entered correctly and hit either "OK" or "Apply" to save your changes. Restart your browser or click on "Home" to test if the homepage is working correctly.
Posted on: May. 04, 2011