Michael Jackson Songs
If you were to list some of the best tracks of all times, it would surely include some Michael Jackson Songs. Michael Jackson is often hailed as the best entertainer of all times. He has sold-out concerts, chart-topping albums and record-breaking sales. Choosing the best Michael Jackson songs is a difficult task but here are his top tracks that will forever be etched in our memories:
- “Billie Jean” – from the album “Thriller.” This is one of the most famous Michael Jackson songs because of the catchy rhythm and controversial lyrics. It became the third number 1 single of his 80’s songs. A lot of artists covered this song, including Chris Cornell.
- “Black or White” – from the album “Dangerous.” This song purportedly opens with Slash’s monster guitar solo, but Slash cleared that it wasn't him that played on the original version of the song. It became number one in around 20 countries, possibly because of its message asking for social and racial equality. The title of the song loosely pertains to the color of people's skins.
- "Human Nature” – Although a leap from other famous Michael Jackson songs because of its slow tempo, it became one of the greatest ballads of the time. It was co-written with one of Toto’s founding members, Steve Porcaro. The voice of Jackson in this song has a hauntingly unique quality that only he perhaps can give.
- “Thriller” – perhaps the most famous of all Michael Jackson songs because of its 14-minute narrative video that may have overpowered the song and the lyrics. It also became popular because it became the most expensive video to be made at that time, with all the monsters and werewolves running around like crazy. The album of the same name became the best selling record of all time.
- “You Are Not Alone” – Written by R. Kelly as a testament of his personal journey. This was personally chosen by Jackson to be part of the album “HIStory.” Debuting number one at the pop charts, it broke the records of the Billboard Hot 100. This Michael Jackson also displays the king of pop’s versatility in singing.