Road Trip Ideas
The best road trip ideas require some advance planning to make the trip enjoyable. If the road trip is going to last for more than one day, you will need to find a place to stay while you are away. Make sure you know exactly where you are going beforehand so there are no surprises along the way. Leave yourself plenty of time to get to your destination so there is no stress during your trip.
- Casinos in Las Vegas, NV. Whether you are taking a one day road trip or going to stay for a week, Vegas offers many different amusements. Hit the casinos during the day and then go clubbing at night. Another idea while you are in Vegas is to go golfing. Just be sure to get a late tee time if you plan on partying the night before.
- Baseball in New York City, NY. Go see the Yankees play in NYC. If you hate the Yanks, take a road trip to see them play your favorite team. After the game, hit the bars or Radio City. It’s a good idea to leave your car somewhere safe near where you are staying and then travel by cab so you avoid the hassle of the crowds.
- Beaches in Miami, FL. Few U.S. beaches are as fun as those in Miami. Miami is a long way down from the beginning of the Florida border, but the trip is worth it. Book a hotel close to the beach for convenience. After a day of sun and fun in the water, check out the Miami night life at some different bars and clubs.
- Amusement Park in Anaheim, CA. Take a road trip to Disneyland in Anaheim for a day or two of fun. Try to go during the off season to avoid too many people. If you are going to stay for more than a day, get a multi-day ticket to Disneyland. Dividing the activities into two days makes your road trip more enjoyable.
- Skiing in Aspen, CO. Hit the slopes by taking a road trip to this ski resort. Make sure you check the weather before you take your road trip to see if it is going to be favorable for skiing. If you are an expert skier, try some of the more advanced skiing Aspen offers. Warm up after a day on the slopes by knocking back some drinks by the fire.