Shoot Pool Better
Here are some basic tips if you are looking to shoot pool better. As with any game or sport, practice will always help your game, but you will also need to start with some basic skills. Pool is a game of both strategy and skill, and if you keep both of these in mind as you play, you will soon be the one to beat.
Things you'll need:
- Pool table
- Pool cue
- Friends to beat
- Keep your head straight. One of the biggest mistakes that many people make when they shoot pool is tilting their head, which will not help. Tilting your head only gives you a sideways look at the shot. Keep your eyes and head straight so you are getting the correct angles.
- Make sure your bridge hand is solid. Push your fingertips into the table a little as you are making your shot. This will ensure that when you shoot, your hand will not move. A secure hand as the cue comes through will help you to shoot pool better.
- Don't move until the shot is finished. Staying with your shot until it is finished is important. Keep your hands and cue steady and strong until the ball is in the pocket.
- Plan your next shot. As you walk around looking for your shot, think about setting up the following shot. Look for where you want the cue ball to land. When you shoot pool you always need to look one step ahead. This will keep you on top of your game and one step ahead of your competitor.
- Figure out why you missed. An important skill when you shoot pool is to know why you missed a shot. After you miss, sit down and think about what happened and why you missed. This will help to keep you from making the same mistake the next time you shoot pool and improve your overall game.