The Sims 2 Double Deluxe Cheats
Avid Sims players are always looking for the “Sims 2 Double Deluxe” cheats to expand the creative possibilities of the game. Since the Sims is not a particularly competitive game, these cheats will give you more freedom during game play so you can create the simulated people, lives and stories you are after.
- Understanding the cheat interface: To begin, let’s do a quick review of how to use cheats in the “Sims 2 Double Deluxe”. The vast majority of cheats are enabled by simply pressing Ctrl + Shift + C. A bar will show up at the top of the screen; type “boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true” into that bar. That’s all it takes! Now just type your cheat of choice into that bar and enjoy the expanded options available to you! Replace “true” with “false” to render all cheats invalid.
- Increasing facial feature possibilities: When two Sims with very different facial structures reproduce, their child will look like a combination of both parents. Because a simple combo of two distinct faces would produce un-humanlike faces, bounds have been set. To turn off these limits and create little monsters, type “faceBlendLimits off”. Replace “off” with “on” to return to the standard “Sims 2 Double Deluxe” setting.
- Improving video card performance: Your computer’s video card is what determines how well any Sims game plays. To increase game performance, you can lower the graphics quality by typing “vsync on”. Replace “on” with “off” to return to the standard setting.
- Changing cutaway options: Frustrated at how the “Sims 2 Double Deluxe” game is cutting away walls so you can keep a constant eye on your Sim?Type “boolprop renderSelectedSimLevel true”. Replace “true” with “false” to return to the standard setting.
- Making Sims’ paths visible: Want to see a line to where your Sim is headed? Just type “boolProp displayPaths true”. Replace “true” with “false” to return to the standard setting.
- Expanding cheat window: Need more room to see which cheats are currently activated and which aren’t? Type “expand”.
- Understanding cheat specificsIf you keep typing a cheat code in but nothing seems to be happening, type “help [cheat]”, replacing [cheat] with the “Sims 2 Double Deluxe” code you’re confused about.
- Learning all the cheats: Need a cheat reference? Type “help -all" and you’ll immediately get a list of everything the cheat bar has to offer.
- Gaining more design choices: If you’re sick of that grid snapping your furniture to the wrong spot, type “boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false” into the cheat bar. Replace “true” with “false” to return to grid-snapping mode.
- Maxing out need bars: Sometimes, there just isn’t time for sleep. Type “MaxMotives” into the “Sims 2 Double Deluxe” cheat bar to revitalize every Sim on the lot.
- Closing the cheat bar: If the cheat bar remains open after you have entered your cheat, type “exit” to clear up your screen. Your “Sims 2 Double Deluxe” cheats will still be active!