Top 10 Country Songs Of 08
The top 10 country songs of 08 all charted in the top spot on Billboards Hot Country Songs. Some of these top country songs of 2008 won Grammy Awards, American Country Music Awards and Country Music Awards. Heartache, love, friendship and family are all topics covered in the top 10 country songs of 20208.
- "Just Got Started Lovin' You" by James Otto. One of the top 10 country songs of 08 because was the best selling hit of 2008 on the Hot Country Songs chart. "Just Got Started Lovin' You" was the first song from an independent label that reached #1 in 08. This country song also has an R&B feel to it and appeals to more women than men.
- "I Saw God Today" by George Strait. Released in 2008, this country song was Strait's 43rd #1 on the Hot Country Songs chart. This country song tells of how a newly born daughter helps the narrator to take notice of the things God created. Strait performs the song, but Rodney Clawson, Monty Criswell and Wade Kirby wrote it.
- "Our Song" by Taylor Swift. In 2008, "Our Song" was #1 on the Hot Country Songs chart four weeks in a row. This is one of the top 10 country songs from 20208 because Swift became the youngest performer ever to write and sing a chart-topping Country single with it. At the 2008 CMT Music Awards, this won the video of the year award, plus female video of the year.
- "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. One of the top 10 country songs from 2008 because it leapt from #40 to #12 in the Hot 100 Billboard chart, this 2008 country song was Song of the Year at the 39th Annual Nashville Songwriters Hall Fame induction ceremony in Nashville. The country song is about cherishing moments of your life, something people should do.
- "Letter To Me" by Brad Paisley. This country song reflects on what Paisley learned over the years and the people and moments that shaped him. In 2008, this country song was #1 four weeks in a row on the Hot Country songs chart. "Letter to Me" was Paisley's sixth consecutive #1 hit.
- "Love Don't Live Here" by Lady Antebellum. This 2008 country song was inspired by a break-up Charles Kelley had just endured. Released in 2008, it was #18 on the best selling hit of 2008 on the Hot Country Songs chart. It is one of the top 10 country songs from 2008 because it helped launch their career into mainstream.
- "Don't Think I Don't Think About It" by Darius Rucker. This was Rucker's debut Country single. This is one of the 10 best country songs of 2008 because when this reached #1 on the Hot Country Songs in September 2008, Rucker became the first black singer to top the Country list since 1985. The country song is about reflecting on life upon hearing someone they once loved is getting married.
- "I Still Miss You" by Keith Anderson. Anderson originally wrote this with Jason Sellers and Tim Nichols, after a relationship break-up. After his mother was diagnosed with brain cancer, this song took on a new meaning of loss. This country song was #8 best selling hit on the Hot Country Song 2008 chart. This top 10 country song of 08 is off Anderson's album "C'mon."
- "Small Town Southern Man" by Alan Jackson. This 2008 country song tells the life of Jackson's father and how he was raised on small town Southern beliefs. It is a touching song that topped the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It was Jackson's 23rd #1 Country single.
- "Stay" by Sugarland. One of the top country songs from 2008 because at the 2009 Grammy Awards, it won Best County Duo/Group Performance with Vocals and Best Country Song. This country song is about cheating and betrayal. A married man keeps promising his girlfriend that he'll leave his wife, but she soon realizes he won't.