Windows 7 Secrets
Now that it has been out for a while it is time to talk about some Windows 7 secrets. Windows 7 was released with the intention of cleaning up the mess left by Vista. There are many new features available with this version of Windows that have been revealed, and many secrets that you may not know about. Find out here what you may be able to benefit from.
- Windows Management. Windows 7 has made organizing and keeping track of your open windows much easier. You can set a window off to the size by just clicking it and dragging it. The secret is that you can also use some keyboard shortcuts to manage your windows. If you press Win and the left arrow you can send your window off to the left. Same goes for Win and the right arrow. It will go off to the right.
- Clean up your desktop. If you don't like to have background clutter up while you are working on something, you can easily get rid of it just by hitting Win and home. WIndows 7 will then minimize everything but what you are working on. Hit the same thing again to bring everything back to where it was.
- Shifting Windows to different monitors. A fun little Windows 7 secret you can use when you are working with more than one monitor is Win,shift, and left arrow. This will ove your windows from your current monitor to a monitor on your left. They will also stay in the same general location so you don't lose them over there. Use the right arrow key to move it to a monitor on your right.
- Organize your taskbar. If you don't like how your taskbar is set up you can rearrange it. Since you are probably used to the way things look, it might not be something you thing about, but take advantage of this WIndows 7 secret to change things around to see what you think.
- Folder favorites. If you use certain folders every day and want easy access to them, then Windows 7 will allow you to attach them to your taskbar. Just hold down the right click and drag them up or over to where ever you keep your taskbar. You can then easily access them when you need to.